|Options||Sales Start||Sales End||Availability||Price|
The Global MBA Trophy is a high profile, international sailing event organied by the LBS Sailing Club, that brings together accomplished business men and women from across the world – students and alumni of the world’s best business schools, who come together to sail in the name of their School.
This event is opened for bookings. Both current master students from any degree and Alumni of IE can apply to participate. Please read all the information carefully before you book!
There will be two divisions competing in the regattas:
- For Experienced Sailors
- Crews of five people
- Sailing in Platu's
- Each crew represents a school. The crew should be all from the same school, students or alumni
- For both begginners and experience sailors
- Crews of 8 people
- Sailing in Bavaria 46
- You don’t have sailing experience but you love adventure and the sea? This is the right option for you!
- Each participant has to book the corresponding ticket at the IE SAILING CLUB web!
- Once you book this event, you will be contacted shortly to request payment.
- For division A, the most experienced sailors will be prioritzed
- For division B, the people that booked first will be contacted first
The payments can be done by bank transfer, paypal or revolut.
The ticket includes:
- Race entry fee and all race organisation costs (setting, racing, protest & redress committees etc.)
- Overnight accommodation in local hotel (Div A) (Cavo D’Oro hotel.) or on board the boats (Div B) (Sheets, blankets and towels are provided.)
- Use of the facilities of the marinas
- Welcome drinks at launch ceremony (thursday)
- Evening of first day of races dinner & party (friday)
- Formal award ceremony at the end of the second day of races, dinner and entertainment (saturday)
- Prize giving
The ticket does not include:
- Dinner on Thursday
- Lunches (we should buy some food to have in the boat)
- Extra drinks and meals
- Please note that a refundable security deposit will be requested at the time of boat pick up.
- Division B – 575 euros / participant
Cancelations and Deadlines:
Cancelations are possible before September September 29th, but only if we can get another participant with a similar profile as yours from the waiting list of the event. In that case, there will be a cancelation fee of 75 euros.
How to get there:
The nearest major airport is Athens International Airport(ATH). This is a long taxi ride away, alternatively competitors can take buses and Metro system trains. Book your flight ASAP as soon as you paid your ticket. The longer you wait, the more expensive it will be!
A Division: To pick up the boats on Thursday, competitors should come to Microlimano, to the office of the secretariat of the Yacht Club of Greece , which is located at the South Western corner of the harbour. The hotel for A division competitors will be announced nearer the time of the regatta.
B Division: The location of the boats to be picked up by B division crews will be announced nearer the time of the regatta, but will be within easy sailing distance of Microlimano.
By booking and paying for your ticket, you consent to the rules of participation detailed here.
Any questions, write us to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Mikrolimano, Athens, Greece