Heliocare Sailing Trophy, Denia (Alicante, Spain), October 4th-6th - FULLY BOOKED
Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
If you would like to experience the emotion of a real regatta in a fun and safe environment, or upgrade your existing sailing skills, join the two IE crews at the Heliocare Sailing Trophy in Denia. There will be 22 boats competing in different categories.
Both people with and without sailing experience can join. No previous experience needed. If you are a newbie, come on in, sailing is a passion that once born, never dies!
Book ASAP to guarantee your spot!
Friday, October 4th
- Arrival, boats check in, security and meteorology briefing, group dinner
- 18h00 - Boats check in and option to go out and do some sunset sailing to try the boats before the real regatta
- 21h00 to 22h00 - Skippers briefing and participants registration
- 22h00 - Group Dinner
- 9h00 - Breakfast
- 10h00 - Free Sailing Time
- 11h00 - Regattas (up to 3 depending on weather forecast)
- 21h00 - Group Dinner and drinks
- 9h00 - Breakfast
- 10h00 - Free Sailing Time
- 11h00 - Regattas (up to 2 depending on weather forecast)
- 16h30 - Latest Boats Check Out
- 17h00 - Winners Annoucment and Awards giving cerimony
- 18h30 - End and going back home with unforgetable memories!
Included in the price:
- Boat rentals
- Sleeping in the boats from Friday to Sunday
- Towels and Sheets
- Cleaning of the Boat
- Regatta Regsitration Fee
- Donation to Fundación Aladina
- Travel to and from Denia (one hour driving from Valencia and Alicante) - cost depends on the option (please check below how to get to Denia)
- Snacks / lunch and water / drinks for the boats (approx 30 euros / person)
- Dinners on Friday and Saturday (approx 30 euros each/person)
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday (approx 10 euros each/person)
- Boat gasoline and water (approx 10 euros/person or less)
- Refundable deposit of approx 160 euros (it is 100% refundable if no damage was caused to the boat - same that happens with a car rental)
- Until September 25th - if you wish to cancel, the IE Sailing Club will check if there is anyone suitable to replace you in the waiting list for the event. In positive case, you will receive a % refund. Otherwise, no refund.
- From September 26th - no refund
The participants of this regattas do so at their own risk and responsibility. The Organizing Committee or any person or body involved in the organization of the event, including the IE Sailing Club and IE, do not hold any responsibility for losses, damages, injuries or discomforts that could occur people or things both on land and at sea, as a result of participation in the regatta.Organization:
This event is organized by "The Yacht Tribe" and sponsored by Heliocare. The IE Sailing Club will participate with two boats, for which the club organizes the crews. If there is enough number of registrations and availability of a third boat, we will try to get more people in.
IE Students, Alumni, Staff and Professors are welcome to register. Depending on the number of people registered and levels of sailing experience, the IE Sailing Club reserves the right to also include participants from other business schools. In each crew and for safety reason, at least half of the crew should have previous sailing / regatta experience. The other half of the crew can be people without sailing / regatta experience. The IE Sailing Club tries to have gender balance within each crew, but the main criteria is to have enough people with experience. Safety first!
Once you register, the IE Sailing Club will send you by email the payment instructions. You participation is confirmed once you pay, and you should pay and send the payment confirmation to email@example.com within 24 hours of the payment request. If this does not happen, your registration won't be valid any longer and the IE Sailing Club will contact the next person on the registration list and/or waiting list.
Once the crews are complete, we will create an whatsapp group with all the participants and will try to organize the most efficent way to go to Denia depending on where you are located. Remember, this is not included in the cost of the ticket.
How to get to Denia:
- By plane: fly to Valencia or Alicante. From there you can drive to Denia (by taxi, Cabify, Bus, Blablacar or car rental)
- By Train: there is AVE from Madrid and Barcelona to Valencia. From there you can drive to Denia (same thing as above)
- If there are several people travelling from Madrid we may have the option that some of the participants take their own car and split the cost of gasoline and tools with the others
Any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots always fill up fast!
Dress Casual (jeans ok)
Puerto de Dénia, Edificio Capitanía, Dársena de Babor, s/n, Denia 3700, Spain