Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
Official Opening at IE Creativity Center on 25th April, 6pm
Casa de la Moneda (Segovia)
Exhibition running til 10th June 2019.
Ana Gadé Silva (Portugal, 1983) is IE Alumni and a scientist with experience in Economics, Pharmaceuticals and Social Entrepreneurship. Though shaped at the School of Fine Arts of Lisbon, Ana has painted since she has had the use of reason; though she worked since 2008 for the Portuguese Government, she left her comfort zone to embrace notions that are on the surface alien to her professional background. Nevertheless, in her conception Ana applies science to the domain of art and, once she fulfilled her basic needs (Maslow’s “D-Needs”), she is determined to reach the metaneeds (“B-Needs”) and to approach more closely self-actualization.
This exhibition has no aesthetic pretensions. Instead, it is a series of vignettes recounting a journey through the determination and work of this young creator, a person whose history we hope can inspire others.
The presence of the arts in the daily reality of students has become fundamental for institutions such as IE, due to the central importance of Humanities, Art & Creativity in the formation of more sensitive and more inclusive individuals.
Programme for the evening:
- Welcome & Opening, Exhibition Room, 6pm
- Conference & Q&A with Ana Gadé Silva, Area 31 Segovia, 6:15pm
- Conference by Carmen Van Bruggen: Teaching Arts at IE, 6:40pm
- Conversation with BBA student & Musician Gabrielle Isa: Why is Art important to me?, 7pm
- Conference by Alberto Fernández Hurtado: Art as a way of life, 7:15pm
- Conference by Fernando Dameto: Why Art & Business?, 7:45pm
Small Cocktail will be offered at 8:30pm
Food Provided (Snacks & refreshments )
Segovia's Creativity Center
Casa de la Moneda
Calle de la Moneda sin número , Segovia 40.003, Spain